We get asked often how to save money on winter gear and find the best winter gear deals, and we understand why, gear is expensive! However, it’s times like RIGHT NOW when you really get some good deals.
When the big winter gear stores hit the late season, they are forced to drastically reduce prices on all unsold winter gear because they need to make room for the incoming spring and summer products. This puts the buyer in control for once! Been waiting to grab that new jacket? Eyeballing that new snowboard? NOW is the time to check out those deals.
If you are unsure of what type of gear you may need, check out our Essential Winter Hiking Gear article or, maybe you’re looking for a new winter tent, check out the gear about Winter Tent Camping Essentials.
But, here is the BEST part, they have HIGE discounts on spring and summer gear too! Go to there deals page and sort by “% Off” and it will sort them with the gear that has the highest percentage off to the top, you will be amazed at what you can find!
Currently, REI is offering 50% off of most of its winter gear products. Check out some of their latest discounts from the REI Co-Op:
Featured product categories:
- Up to 50% off Women’s Clothing
- Up to 40% off Men’s Clothing
- Up to 50% off Jackets
- Up to 40% off Clothing Accessories
- Up to 50% off Footwear
- Up to 50% off Fitness
- Up to 30% off Snowsports
- Up to 40% off Outlet
Gear Deals We Love at 50% off from REI:
Salomon Supercross Trail-Running Shoes – Women’s
Made for running in all the wild places you like to go, the women’s Salomon Supercross trail-running shoes deliver a secure foothold and soft cushion for daily park laps and rugged trail adventures.
- Protective, molded toe caps and mud guards shield your feet and shoes from trail debris
- High-performance EVA foam provides shock attenuation
- Salomon SensiFit™ arms and Quicklace® lacing system ensure a secure foothold
- Contagrip® TD outsoles deliver durable, dependable traction on any terrain; deep, aggressive lug pattern helps you maintain grip on rough or uneven surfaces
Osprey Porter 30 Travel Pack
The best of all worlds—you can carry the lightweight, streamlined Osprey Porter 30 on to the airplane, and then convert it into an adventure-ready, technical backpack at your destination.
- Convenient back-panel laptop compartment simplifies access for security checks and allows easier access to main compartment
- Foam structure extends around bottom panel keeping the pack upright for easier packing
- Stowaway padded hipbelt and stowaway shoulder harness with adjustable sternum strap can be used independently of one another
- StraightJacket™ compression with padded wings helps protect and secure any size load
At 70% off, this is a steal!
Spy Marshall Snow Goggles
With a spherical lens that mimics the geometry of your eyes, the Spy Marshall snow goggles reduce fatigue and distortion, and offer an ultrawide field of view so you can see it all on the mountain.
- Happy™ Lens technology enhances color and contrast to boost mood and alertness
- Antifog 5.5-base ARC® spherical dual-lens with anti-scratch protection provides increased optical clarity and enhanced impact protection
- Scoop® ventilation system increases airflow while decreasing fog-causing sweat and moisture
MSR Hubba Tour 2 Tent
When you and your adventure partner embark on a week—or a year—of adventure, the 2-person, 3-season MSR Hubba Tour 2 tent provides comfortable shelter with ample gear storage and livability to spare.
- Explore back roads or the backcountry with all the comfort of a Hubba tent, plus a cavernous vestibule with plenty of space for changing clothes, lounging and storing gear
- Fast-pitch exoskeleton frame and a unified rainfly and body help keep the interior of the tent dry when there’s more rain than shine during setup
- Xtreme Shield™ system combines durable, watertight precision seams with a revolutionary waterproof coating that lasts up to 3 times longer than standard coatings
Winter Gear Deals Wont Last Forever
These deals don’t last forever, but if you act fast, you can scoop up great deals that you won’t be paying full price next year when the season comes back around before you know what happened. Get these deals, then GET OUTSIDE. Didn’t find what you need? No Worries, return to HOME and check out what’s new!